Friday, June 22, 2012

What You Don't Know You Don't Know About Mold Can Save Your Life!

The past 8 weeks have been tough. REALLY tough. I've been fighting my way back from mold toxicity from having lived in a home that had severe water damage before I ever moved in. There was almost no visible mold because all of the rotting roof, drywall, and flooring had been replaced. But I learned the hard way that just because you don't see mold doesn't mean it's not there; and even if there is no mold, your home could be a chamber of poisonous gases that were given off by mold that USED to be there. 


I have since come across so many other people that have had water damage in their homes, visible mold, or illnesses cropping up in several family members living in the same home. These are all signs of environmental illness from mycotoxin poisoning. If any of these apply to you, please read this. It could save your life or the life of someone you love. Here's what you need to know:

1. NEVER EVER EVER use bleach to kill mold. Even though the EPA and CDC advise to do this, they are DEAD wrong. I have learned that bleach interacts with the toxic gases given off by mold - known as mycotoxins - and create an entirely new toxin which is proven to cause brain tumors, especially in children! 


2. Killing mold is not enough to make the contaminated area safe. Mold gives off toxic gases called mycotoxins, which can cause various illnesses that become more severe and more serious the longer you are exposed to them. Mycotoxins are not a living organism that can be killed; since they are a chemical they must be neutralized by another chemical: ammonia. If you treat mold without neutralizing the mycotoxins, you are still exposing yourself to deadly toxins. 


3. Testing your home for mold spores is not useful. Mold can be trapped underneath carpet padding and carpet from moisture seeping through cracks in concrete floors. The spores will not be detected by air testing because they are not airborne. The mycotoxins are coming up from the carpeting and contaminating the air. Also, if the mold has already been removed, as in the case of my home, testing will not reveal any spores although the mycotoxins remain. The only place that I am aware that is doing mycotoxin testing is Dr. William Croft of Environmental Diagnostic Group in Madison, WI.

4. Leaving the contaminated home or building will not make you well. Your furniture and other belongings have been exposed to the contaminated gases, and moving them to a clean environment will simply contaminate your new environment. Everything must be treated with a solution of 50/50 ammonia and water. Carpeting and upholstered furniture must be thrown away as they cannot be effectively treated. Clothing and fabrics must be washed in 2 cups of ammonia. Also, there is a special detoxing protocol that must be followed for several weeks which includes a special diet and bathing several times a day in diluted ammonia. These things are all necessary to restore your health.

5. Mold remediation companies and medical doctors cannot help you. The science is so far ahead of the industry when it comes to mold that you are essentially on your own if you truly want to get better. The only people who will know how to intelligently help you are people like me who have already experienced it or Dr. William Croft, who is THE expert in mycotoxin testing and treatment. If you have water damage or mold or if you are ill and suspect environmental illness from a building like your home or place of work, please call Dr. Croft immediately. 

Mycotoxicosis can be treated, but if left untreated it will eventually kill you whether via cancer, heart disease, respiratory failure, or some other disease. And it's especially harmful to children, pets, and people with compromised immune systems. If you have any questions for me, I will be happy to answer and help you in any way that I can.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello
I found your blog looking for information about mycotoxin illness. My family and I are white sick-we have four kids, the oldest is 9 the youngest is only 1.. I am desperate for information. Can you tell me about the detox diet and contamination issues? Any information you can share or point me in a direction would be so greatly appreciated. I need to get myself and ny family well...we gave been living in thus house fir 6 years...we didn't know.
Thank you!
Kim -kowalskikim7@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I've read your information and we have had our house tested but are all negative. Can you tell me where you got the test for mycotoxins.

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...